With over 20 years of experience in the area, Mari Alice Zacharyasz leads the Employment & Labor Law practice at Wargo & Wargo. Mari Alice has advised individuals, small businesses, and political subdivisions, such as School Districts and Municipalities concerning employment and labor law issues.
Mari Alice’s practice includes advising individuals and small businesses in employment matters such as discrimination, termination, employment contracts, nondisclosure agreements and noncompete agreements. She has drafted and modified policies and agreements, negotiated severance agreements, and defended small businesses in civil litigation concerning unlawful termination and noncompete agreements.
Additionally, Mari Alice represents Municipalities and School Districts in the State of Ohio where she assists the management team in all areas of human resource management, employment, and labor law. She has experience in all areas of labor law, including:
- Employee discipline, grievances, and termination;
- Employee manual, policy, and contract language development;
- Federal and State employment laws, including discrimination;
- Administrative appeals;
- Wrongful death;
- Temporary restraining orders; and
- Collective bargaining negotiations, including strike preparation.
These employment and labor matters have given Mari Alice the opportunity to represent clients in both federal and state court, the American Arbitration Association, the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the United States and Ohio Departments of Education, the State Employment Relations Board, the Unemployment Commission, and the Industrial Commission.
Mari Alice is committed to work with every client to learn all the facts of the case, the client’s goals, and apply the law with the expectation of achieving a favorable outcome.
Wargo & Wargo provides legal services in the following areas:
- Discrimination, Work Place Harassment & Hostile Work Environment
- Employee Manual and Policy Drafting, Review, and Modification
- Employment Contracts, Non-Disclosure & Non-Compete Agreements
- Collective Bargaining Issues & Negotiations
- Discipline, Termination, Grievances, & Arbitration
- Unfair Labor Practices & Representation Matters