Thomas M. Wilson
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., Cleveland, OH (1987)
- Cleveland State University B.A., Cleveland, OH (1984)
- State of Ohio (1987)
- State of New York (2009)
- United States Supreme Court (1992)
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (1988)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1995)
- United States District Court, Northern District Ohio (1988)
- United States District Court, Southern District Ohio (2010)
- United States District Court, Western District Pennsylvania (2009)
- Eighth District Judicial Conference; Life Member
- Southwest Bar Association
- Institutionalized Fraud in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust, Mealey’s Litigation Report (May 7, 2014)
- Institutionalized Fraud in Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust, Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Report (May 2014)
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Year End Update
- Domestic Violence-Civil and Criminal Aspects of Ohio Law (December 2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating
- Cleveland Top Rated Lawyers 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018
As an attorney with 30 years of legal experience, Tom has represented organizations, businesses, and individuals at the federal, state and municipal level in civil, criminal, and administrative proceedings. Tom’s experience in the litigation arena includes first chair trial experience, discovery, e-discovery, depositions, motion practice, hearings and appeals. This experience also includes the resolution of complex issues through large multi-party settlements.
Throughout his legal career, Tom has represented thousands of people in tobacco, asbestos, pharmaceutical, and wrongful death cases, and he understands the difficulties faced by individuals when tragedy forces them into the legal system. Tom is able to simplify the process so that his clients understand the full range of options available to them to resolve their legal problems.
Tom combines his litigation experience with years of transactional work on behalf of businesses and their owners. Whether it’s the drafting of a commercial lease, the settlement of a shareholder dispute or the negotiation of a purchase agreement, Tom’s pragmatic, hands on approach allows him to successfully resolve even the most complex business issues.
Tom’s personal values drive his life and dovetail squarely with his legal philosophy. Tom is a strong believer that a good work ethic combined with high professional standards will always yield positive client results. However, Tom also believes that for a career to progress it should be balanced with one’s own personal life goals. His strong family values always guide his professional aspirations. Simply put, Tom is a high-energy person who enjoys his work as well as his family.
Preparation, hard work, and a thorough understanding of his client’s goals are the guiding principles which Tom brings to the table on behalf of each of his clients. He combines hard work and a meticulous attention to detail with his long and varied legal background to handcraft result-oriented legal strategies for his clients.